Summary of Qualifications
Ken Palmer is an ASP.NET/SQL web developer, fluent in ASP.NET, C#, MVC,
years of experience building dynamic, database-driven web applications.
Ken currently works for ProfitStars/Jack Henry & Associates (since November 2014). He works with a remote, agile team building websites for financial institutions. Primary work includes full-stack development on various projects, and Episerver CMS development. Special assignments included writing automated test suites for an Angular site with Protractor, writing a Scala parsing application to rapidly generate markup. Ken also wrote routines to transform markup that fails to meet ADA/WCAG compliance into markup that meets WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility standards.
From November 2011 to October 2014 Ken worked for Southwestern Company, with an agile team
upgrading mobile-friendly educational websites. He was also given several special
projects to work on independently for internal clients.
From January 2011 to November 2011 Ken worked for Parallon (HCA) on a “Regulatory Review” site that employed Entity Framework 1. He improved the site’s performance via AJAX and SQL optimization.
From March 2000 to November 2010 Ken was a web developer at Universal Music Group (UMG), building ASP/SQL web applications. Ken served as lead developer on over 75 web applications. When UMG outsourced development to HP, Ken trained offshore teams to support over 40 applications.
15 years C#
18 years Microsoft SQL Server
18 years Visual Studio
11 years ASP.NET (Web Forms)
9 years ASP.NET MVC
7 years Web Services
3 years Entity Framework
15 years Team Foundation Server (TFS)
8 years Visual SourceSafe (VSS)
9 years jQuery
7 years Bootstrap
9 years JSON
13 years AJAX
7 years VB.NET
19 years XML, XSLT
10 years Classic ASP 3.0
21 years HTML, DHTML, CSS
Senior Software Engineer
ProfitStars, Jack Henry & Associates – Brentwood, TN – November 2014 to Present
- Wrote Scala parsing application to rapidly generate markup for HTML Builders on our team.
- EpiServer CMS programming and support.
- Wrote WCAG 2.0 parsing routines for TinyMCE output in EpiServer to make markup screen-reader accessible.
- Built automated tests with the Protractor testing framework for an Angular web application. Utilized Jasmine and TypeScript within the JetBrains WebStorm IDE. Work was conducted with multiple teams, with daily SCRUM and high-levels of collaboration.
- Frequently given solo, full-stack development assignments.
- Contracted through TEK Systems and became permanent after 8 months.
Senior Software Engineer
Southwestern Company – Nashville, TN – November 2011 to October 2014
- Performed significant jQuery and CSS work for educational sites that utilized both MVC3 and Web Forms. Implemented cross-browser, mobile-friendly web GUIs that matched specs provided by our graphic designer.
- Independent work on multiple special-project websites for clients who frequently interacted via email, phone calls, and face-to-face meetings.
- Integrated a Meet.fm virtual meeting widget into a Party Plan Solutions portal using jQuery, JSON, and WCF.
- Migrated, re-branded, and significantly customized an AbleCommerce shopping cart application.
- Maintained and enhanced the SouthwesternConsulting.com website.
Parallon (HCA) – Cool Springs, TN – January 2011 to November 2011
- Enhanced and maintained an ASP.NET 3.5 C# "Regulatory Review" web application that utilized Entity Framework Version 1.
- Refactored numerous stored procedures to improve query performance and remove the risk of SQL injection.
- Contracted through TEK Systems and became permanent after 6 months.
Service Information Developer III
HP Enterprise Services – Nashville, TN – 2010
- Trained new HP programmers to support over 40 Universal Music Group applications. Wrote detailed knowledge transition documents and lead technical knowledge transfer calls.
- Enhanced and maintained marketing applications and reports for Universal Music Group.
- Rebuilt a Classic ASP “SQL Status” monitoring site into an ASP.NET 4.0 C# web application.
Senior Web Developer
Universal Music Group (UMG) – Nashville, TN – 2000 to 2010
Accomplishments at Universal Music Group
- Designed and produced a photo review site for Shania Twain that was adopted by 3 record labels. This site expedited the photo approval process and saved UMG thousands in image processing and shipping.
- Built a music upload intranet for the IDJ record label. This site was praised by IDJ chairman L.A. Reid.
- Designed and programmed a time tracking site that over 200 IT employees used on a weekly basis.
- Lead developer for over 75 web applications.
Communication skills exercised at Universal Music Group
- Worked closely with project managers and directors to build mission critical enterprise applications.
- Fostered strong professional relationships by listening, collaborating, and communicating effectively.
- Absorbed functional documentation, visualized solutions, and identified inconsistencies that required resolution prior to programming applications. Shared findings with project managers and clients.
- Demonstrated customer focus and understanding of business priorities.
- Collaborated with database administrators to design databases for key projects.
- Communicated directly with clients regarding time-sensitive issues and reports.
- Assisted with technical interviews of IT candidates.
Technical expertise applied at Universal Music Group
- Converted Classic ASP and legacy VBScript programs to both C# and VB.NET applications.
- Coded numerous web services, AJAX enabled controls, and DHTML intensive web pages.
- Built scalable web applications using object-oriented methodologies.
- Wrote web services and web pages for wireless mobile reports.
- Oversaw application and development standards utilized by the programming staff.
- Audited developer code for SQL-injection prevention and standards compliance.
- Created themes, visuals, and styles for multiple web applications. Wrote design presentation.
- Maintained, enhanced, and supported a variety of mission-critical applications and reports.
- Optimized performance of reports and web interfaces via SQL and ASP code changes.
- Demonstrated ambition, creativity, flexibility, and ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Expanded professional knowledge through conferences, technical training, and self-study.
Inacom – Alpharetta, GA – 1998 to 2000
- Wrote HTML call routing site for Intranet used by helpdesk staff.
- Provided helpdesk software and hardware support.
- Received 2 customer service awards from Vice President.
- Trained new employees.
- Lipscomb University – Nashville, TN – Graduated with Bachelor of Science
- Apple Valley High School – Apple Valley, MN